Sunday, May 30, 2010
















We had a great time up north (Berkeley) I didn't realize how beautiful and historical it was, the architecture is incredible what a beautiful campus it's just breathtaking, the only thing that was disturbing was all the Homeless in the the streets, A lot of them were very young and on drugs. As a mother it broke my heart to see. After Alec's graduation it was very late and freezing we walked back to his apartment to open a bottle of champagne and toast in his honor, we stopped at a local pizza place, we purchased 2 extra large pizzas to take back, my the time we got to Alec's which is a couple blocks away, we had one and a half left, Hunter had handed out slices to the homeless all the way back. Very very Sad !










I posted some pictures of the festivities of the event, it was Chicano/Latino ceremony what a truly inspiring event, the speeches were very inspiring not only in English but in Spanish too.





As a Latina I for one was very proud that evening to be Hispanic, to listen how far some of these students came and how far there going.......










2 comments:

  1. Hola Mariasela,

    Thanks for sharing this story! I enjoyed hearing about your son's accomplishments and the Chicano/Latino ceremony. You must have been a super proud mom that day!

    I love the look and feel of your blog...it has everything I love, Latin American art that truly connects me to my roots! I also enjoyed your posts. May you continue to inspire Latina(o)'s to reach new heights.

    Saludos,
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by, It's always a pleasure to meet other creative, supportive, inspiring and talented Latina's....

    ReplyDelete